Where did 2019 go? The year has brought plenty of highs and none better than Ronan and Rahiem Nuggett completing year 12. These two young men have completed a journey of 5 years of high school, boarding school and add to that, a different climate, culture and language. Well done to these young men.
The North Albany Academy finished off 2019 with 36 young men in the program and ready for a big enrolment of year 7’s in 2020, which will take us close to 50 Academy members.
Although 2019 is now a wonderful memory, here are some of the camps and activities we have achieved though out the year.
- Busselton for our year 12 Leadership camp
- Esperance for a basketball and football challenge
- Perth for the Clontarf Cup football carnival
- Kalgoorlie for a football Carnival
- Perth for Woodside Cup, where our year 12’s got to play a curtain raiser before the Fremantle Dockers on Optus Stadium
- Bunbury for a basketball competition
- Melbourne for our year 12 major trip
- Rottnest Island for the Wadjemup Cup football carnival
- Katanning for a basketball carnival
- Albany, we hosted the Great Southern fishing challenge and Beach Cricket carnival
- Guest speakers
- Worksite visits
- Primary school clinics and visits
- Bush walking and plenty more
Every activity we do, we try and achieve an outcome, whether it’s big or small. We are primarily helping these young men find their path in life and to become positive contributers to the community.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and looking forward to the new year of 2020.
North Albany Clontarf Academy
Pete Waters and Graeme Simpson